Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday 2

I would like to use this post to talk about silly things in my life. I am staying at Allye's house this week to escape my own household turmoil for a while and to clear my head. Then I got sick, and we made so much coffee on Monday that by my count, we had both downed about 7 cups and it didn't hit us until late at night, when I was sneezing and just letting out energetic screams. We were going to run around Meijer, but my virus-ridden self wasn't up to it. So we drank tea, and the caffeine high fell away somehow.

Being at Allye's house has introduced me to many things that I forgot existed in the world: like working fireplaces, TV rooms where people sit and relax (we've been enjoying the Big Bang Theory and Jon and Kate Plus Eight), brothers and sisters that play in the kitchen together and hug, and spaces without worry, only curiosity. It has been lovely, and miss Allye was lovely enough to stay in with me all day. She made a fire with Eco-logs and let me lay my head in her lap, wrapped up in a blanket. Her mom bought me Meijer Quenchers, and DayQuil and NighQuil, which have both helped reduce the ickiness. 

Sometimes I feel really strongly that there is so much more that I want to explore in life. So much more. Maybe I'm somewhat hard on myself, but I get this sneaky feeling sometimes that there are so many things I could be learning about the world, and instead of finding them, I am at home with a low self esteem, with fear caging me in. My family tends to stay inside a lot. I would like to make it my goal to explore everything that sparks my interest- to go outside of myself every day, because I know that I'll be able to help people so much more when the time comes. Thank you all for reading, and helping Allye and I digest our lives.

I'll let you all know when I get to be out of my backbrace! It will be one happy day. "Hey Bridget's healed spine, meet the rest of the world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment