Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy's Day

It is quite warm in my house today, especially on the top floor as I was getting ready to go out to the GRAM (Grand Rapids Art Museum) with my father. My feelings about him are quite mixed- our relationship has been quite a rollorcoaster, but I must be thankful that he has remained in my life. I would not be here if it were not for him. So today we are going somewhere together- to look at art which I love- and I will try to put my bad feelings aside.

Yesterday, as I was telling Allye about all that has been happening in my life, she mentioned that it would be great material for poetry. It is true that my days can be very extreme, full of wonderful moments, and moments of sadness and struggle. I must accept this, and maybe I can record them in ways that might help others better understand their own lives. I realize that my life experience is unique and it deserves to be recorded.

currently listening to: Sam Cooke- Jesus Gave Me Water

Other fabulous artists influencing my life: Owl City, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Ben Kweller, Adele, Xavier Rudd

Another topic of thought~ My younger sister has had some sort of stomach virus for the past four days, and she's been vomiting, and vomiting. It's not good. She has anorexia and her body is very far from healthy. It is very troubling for me. I wish she and so many other girls were not caught in this awfull trap of self- loathing and self-destruction.
Please stop destroying yourselves from the inside out!

No comments:

Post a Comment