Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Children

Kids are so cute, but I am coming home exhausted from work. I'm not sure how parents do it - paying attention, caring about each drawing and dance move and new word, watching kids' movies all the time, driving with screaming kids in the backseat, calming down crying babies. It's too much. At least for me to think about. I like other peoples' kids - I can babysit them, play with them, have fun...and then give them back for permanent keepsies.

What I do love, though, is how unique each child is. Even at this age, personalities are shining through and are getting cemented. There's a little boy in the 5-6's who is so quiet and calm. He pays attention to everything and listens so well. We've got a bossy 9 year old that most people want to strangle, too, and a gossipy 8 who loves to talk about how he loves to sing and dance. There are two little girls who have become best friends, but are such an odd couple. And so many more.

The clingers get me, though. I like when kids like me, but...not when they like me that much.

Anyway, my job is going just swell. There are lots of pictures and there will be oh-so-many stories, I'm sure. There is a notebook page full of quotes already.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I was looking through your blog just a little, and I like it. I am somewhat new to blogging, but I started doing it for fun...

    I want to invite you to visit my blog, out of all the millions of bloggers out there, I reach out to interesting ones sometimes. Well I hope you will take me up on my offer and if you follow me, I will follow you...

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete